01 May 2011

I hate...

I hate that I put myself under so much pressure. I hate that I feel that I can't at all control the pressure I put myself under. I hate that other people can do everything I want to do like take an insane amount of credits and hold a job and still get good grades and get by on little to no sleep. I hate that some people seem to have it so easy. I hate that I have things so easy and yet everything seems so difficult. I hate that it seems like my whole life is going to be me chugging along through everything stopping to have a quasi-mental breakdown every once in awhile. Why do they tell us in church to strive so much for perfection when we can't obtain it? It's too much pressure, I can't be anywhere near perfect. I've been trying for so long but I just feel so inadequate. I keep asking myself if everything I'm doing is worth it, if I'm actually going to succeed in life. Am I going to get good grades the rest of my undergrad career? Am I going to succeed in grad school? Will I have the career that I dream of? Will I actually meet that guy I'm supposed to marry someday? Will I have children of my own? Will I be happy one day? I like to think that I'm happy, but I can't stop the inadequacy. Other people do it all flawlessly, why can't I? I hate feeling so stupid all the time, I just wish it would go away...

1 comment:

  1. Everyone have these moments. It's overwhelming, and those people who seem to have everything just perfect are the same people crying all night from the stress. You need to do little things to unload. I'll cook, or take a walk, paint, exercise, etc... All these activities give me a little bit of peace. And it adds up. But every now and again, just take a big break. I skipped school on friday to collect all my thoughts, get some sleep, and do some mega note compilations.
    :) Everything works out, you just need to breathe.

    ReplyDelete