25 March 2010

Rants to those who edited my paper:

1. Don't mark me down major points and don't tell me why. If you are going to mark me down that much then there better be a very good reason!

2. Be specific! Stop referring to everything as "it"! I don't know what is going through your mind and therefore I have no idea what "it" is!!!!

3. Grow a brain and learn what the word "metaphorical" means.

4. Contradictions! First you say that I have plenty of support and then you turn around and say that I don't, which is it???

5. I don't care if you don't like my voice. It's my voice, you don't get to change that!

6. The organization was great but you gave me a 14/20??? See comment 1.

7. I apologize for using specific terms so that the reader isn't lost instead of using the word "it" all the time! see comment 2.

8. One word does not equal phrase, therefore you cannot tell me to rephrase one word.

9. If it is not cited, then it is an opinion of mine and therefore does not need a citation!

10. I'm sorry if you don't have the attention span for a moderately sized paragraph. That doesn't mean I go and break it up when it's only covering one topic. Grow a brain.

11. It's too long and choppy at the same time????

12. If there's nothing wrong with it, then I don't care how you would write it. It's my paper, not yours.

13. Do you seriously not recognize figurative language? How have you made it college? Granted it's freshman English, but do they seriously not teach figurative language before now? see comment 3.

As a side note, I don't trust someone to grade my English paper who can't properly express themself without saying the word "like" after every word. I went up to this girl to ask her what the deal was and I honestly couldn't understand what she tried to tell me because I was drowning in "likes".

This is an expression of my frustration with people who do not know how to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I am also frustrated because many of the useless criticisms that cannot be explained came from the girl who asked me in the class before "how did your paper go?" and I told her that I was really excited for it because I think I did well. I'm sorry you didn't feel the same way about your paper! Don't take it out on mine!

2 comments:

  1. people are idiots, especially in GE classes. i remember have to do that, and i hated getting and especially giving critiques. It's mostly bs'ing through the assignment. and is in no way helpful to anyone. i wish professors and teachers could finally see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I really like my professor for this class, but she trusts people a little too much for peer editing...worse news, this girl that did my paper is on my bus to the airport...*shoots self in head*

    ReplyDelete