13 December 2010

I'm supposed to be studying for finals...

...but I can't stop thinking about it. Today a friend of mine's husband was deployed to the middle east. I've known about the war for awhile now. But, it's been made so much more personal today that the loved one of someone that I'm friends with is on his way over there right now. I'm really scared. I don't even know him, but I'm scared for him and her and their daughter. I'm scared for what our world is turning into. I support our soldiers that go over there and consider them heroes for giving up so much to fight for our country. But, I honestly don't know what we are doing over there anymore. What is our purpose? At the same time I ask, what would happen if we were to all of a sudden bail out. Would there be more attacks? I read that Stockholm was attacked today. The entire world it seems like is being affected by these people that just hate everyone it seems. It's scary for me. I can't stop thinking about what may happen next. How many more are going to have to die for our country? How long is this going to go on? What will come of it? When will it stop being scary? I realize that this has been going on for 9 years now. That is almost half of my lifetime. For the most part, it's all I have ever known. Who knew that when I met this friend of mine 8 years ago, that her future husband would be going over to the middle east and fighting for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment