05 April 2011

180

I had a complete turn around from yesterday's post! It's mostly due to the fact that I get to go home from April 21-24. I had planned to do that for awhile, because that's when my dear Marianne is getting married, but when it came time to actually buy my plane ticket, my tax return left me just short of the amount I needed. Since then, my taxes were rejected and my mom redid them and I ended up getting more money back. I've been so busy that I hadn't really thought about the fact that I could afford the plane ticket now. In addition, my parents and I realized that it's pointless for them to drive to Idaho to come pick me up. They don't really need to, it was more of a trip for the sake of a trip. So that left them with their tax return money as well. Anyway, last night I was obviously really home sick and I couldn't stop thinking "I've got to go home" over and over again. I finally put two and two together (my increased tax return meant I could afford to go home) and guess who got EXTREMELY LUCKY??? Yes, that would be me. The plane ticket that I wanted was a full $120 less than the last time I checked. Literally $100 each way! Dirt Cheap!!! So I booked the flight after calling my mom at 12:30 am their time to let them know, and now I'm coming home!!! I feel so much better now. Obviously, my main goal in this was to be home for Marianne and Craig's wedding. In addition to that, I really just need to see my dogs and my family and my friends back home. I am completely serious when I say that I never get homesick. Last night was the first time, and I'm really glad this worked out!!!! I won't be home for long, but honestly, I'm getting stir crazy here in Rexburg too, so getting out even for a slightly extended weekend will do wonders for my sanity!

Oh also, I had my job interview today, and I should hear back by the end of the week or the beginning of next week! I really need this job and if I get it, I really think I'm going to enjoy it too! As part of my interview, I had to edit a syllabus for an online course for grammar, punctuation, spelling, clarity, and formatting. It literally took me an hour to do, but I was so lost in it that it didn't even feel like an hour at all! I mean, the lady that I interviewed with told me it would take an hour, but I didn't believe her until I looked at the clock when I was finished! Not only do I need this job, but I really want this job. It's flexible hours and it's something that I enjoy. I am going to have absolutely no free time except on weekends, but I'm okay with that! If I get this job, I'm not sure that I'll care about having free time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment