06 April 2011

Just a bunch of boring stuff that I'm about to complain about. This is your warning.

So, financial aid fell through for Spring Semester. Apparently, financial aid is not year round like I've been told, so guess who is super stressed out? Yes, that's me. I already have a place to live and am registered for classes and interviewed for a job here. I'm pretty much set to stay in Rexburg except that now I can't afford school! I'm going to go to the financial aid office tomorrow to see if there is anything to be done (maybe having a person there will open up some new solutions?) All I know is that my financial aid adviser was only helpful in letting me know why I didn't take the federal subsidized loans: interest that accrues while I'm in school and a higher interest rate than the unsubsidized loans. I looked into a loan from Sallie Mae, but the internet hates it when I go to the website because it keeps going out if I'm on there more than five minutes (meaning that I never finish the application!) So, yes. I don't have a way to pay for school, so if anyone knows any financial aid suggestions that I should know about, PLEASE TELL ME! By the way, I did finish the FAFSA, but that only applies after July, so it doesn't exactly help me now. And if you're going to tell me to get a job, I'm going to tell you that you have a 2 second head start because I've been looking for a job since I got back here in August. The student employment page is my home page and I check every single position and almost every job on there interferes with my class schedule or they don't want me because I'm not the right major.

Anyway, I'm also moving on Saturday! This means that I have to have my whole life packed up very soon which is stressful, but I will be in a larger apartment, that's closer to campus, comes with three best friends, and has way better internet! So much to look forward to with that. I hate packing though because it keeps reminding me how much crap I own. I hate being reminded that I own so much stuff!!! I just hope everything goes smooth on Saturday and that there won't be any mocking or people getting mad at me for having a lot of stuff. Once I've checked out and moved in on Saturday, life will be golden!

Gosh, my grades are driving me crazy too! I worked hard this semester and some of my grades reflect that, but some of them really don't!! I also have a couple of grades on the borderline which drives me nuts! I so need to do better next semester and try to save my GPA while I still can. My GPA isn't even bad (3.7) but I feel like it is! And I think it's going to go down, because one of my 3 credit classes is looking like a C+ (79%). One can only hope that the borderline grades go up and not down!

Ok, I'm going to get off now. This ranting may have possibly saved me a panic attack! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment