04 April 2011

blergh

I have a job interview tomorrow (don't tell anyone yet, I don't want to jinx it!) I am nervous because I think I have overestimated my grammar correcting abilities. I think I am good on spelling. Oh boy, the lady I'm interviewing with said that the process takes about an hour! Gah! I'm nervous about that and I just wish that I had certain people here or more involved in my life. I miss a lot of people back home. I love being on my own which would be hard to do back in Missouri because I know my parents would insist on me living with them for as long as they can make excuses for me. I miss some friends that I left back in Missouri and sometimes I miss them so much that I wish I'd never left. I guess I wish it were easier and way less expensive to go home. I really miss my dogs. I was in Broulims today and I passed by a display of dog toys and it made me want to cry. I seriously miss them. I'm not sure how many people understand this, because they think "oh, they're just dogs. Why does it matter?" Those dogs have gotten me through so much and they just make all my days better. There's nothing like coming home to little paws beating against your knees. They even do this when I have only been outside for a minute or two. I guess they fear me getting eaten by the mailbox or something. If anyone were to get eaten by a mailbox, I'm sure it would be me. I'm not sure what that means...my point is that I miss my dogs and my friends back home. I know that I'm out here at school for an important purpose, an education! Duh! But I almost wish that I could go back home to finish or something (go figure that my classes more than likely wouldn't transfer. President Clark said so in a Q&A our ward had with him). I realize that I am eventually going home for summer break and that I can go to grad school close to home, but it seems like so long to wait. I'm also jealous of people able to just go home for the break. A lot of people I know live that close to home and if they don't, they have the money to go home. I don't know, I think I'm probably being a crybaby tonight (PMS?) Whatever it is, I wish it would stop. It's hard to hold up this "happy all the time" image when I'm missing my dogs and friends like crazy. I don't understand how some people can just appear happy all the time. I mean, I've been trying really hard to be positive and happier lately, but to do it full time? I just don't understand it. There are some people that are just so happy every single time I see them. That was a rhetorical side note. Can someone please puppy-nap my beloved canines along with my mom's potato salad and some bellecino's pizza to bring to me?? Weird, I know. Oh well, if I stay on here any longer I'll just find more things to be sad about. Goodnight, please pray that my interview goes well! I really really really really really really really need this job!!!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand missing the dogs that badly. Sometimes I drag whoever I'm with through the pet part of the store we're in while i'm in Rexburg, just to be near something pet-like. I don't think anyone has really gotten that. They think "here we go, animal science major wanting to stroll the animal department". It's all about the pugs, and how badly I miss them and how much I fret over them. Is bodi doing okay? Is he getting his medicine? Are they overfeeding, or worse - forgetting to feed them? Often when I'm home I'll notice bodi has that "look" and I know he desperately needs to go outside; or for no reason I'll check apollo's ears and see he's on the verge of an ear infection. I meticulously observe their behavior and physiology constantly, and catch these things because I do. When I'm gone I get calls from home "oh bodi pooped in the floor, again. I don't know what to do with him" and all I can think is if I was there, maybe I would have seen his look, and known that my old dog just can't hold it ike he used to, and I let him out more often because of that care. When I'm gone, I worry - does my family care for them like I do?

    And people wonder why I always want to ask after my pugs, and why I miss them so dearly. It's painful, and I wish byui allowed pets for single students. That's such a sore spot for me that they only allow married students to own a pet. don't get me started, that makes me blind with anger, i swear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry about similar things with my dogs. My dad definitely overfeeds them. It doesn't affect Kandi much, because she for some reason doesn't have a crazy insatiable appetite. Josie, however, will eat everything that's put in front of her and then start on the tiles in the kitchen if you don't take her bowl away to let her know she's done. Even then, she goes looking for tissues or toilet paper to eat. In addition, Josie is really prone to ear infections, and I tend to notice one starting up in her long before my dad does. I call home almost every day now and ask if her ears are doing ok. I also call home to hear the adorable things they're doing. Kandi loves spring time, even with her allergies. That's when we start getting rabbits in our backyard and she LOVES playing with rabbits. She even takes on rabbit like characteristics around this time of year. It's pretty cute to watch her hop in circles around the rabbits in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete