26 November 2010

So much thinking...

I want to do so much right now!!!! I can't decide what it is that I want to do with my life right now. I want to study so much in college. I want to study English, Sociology, Psychology, Biology, Foreign languages, international studies, social work, philosophy, ancient languages, history, anthropology, archaeology, music, I want to know so much!!! I have no idea how to fit this all in. I also want to go into the Air Force, and open an animal shelter one day. I want to travel the world. I want to write a book and have it published. I want to have a family. I have no idea how I can do all of this. If anyone has any ideas on how I can achieve all of this, or has a time turner that I can use, that would be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. You can. Just keep plugging away. Make goals and accomplish them. The more you do, the easier it becomes to achieve the rest of them. There's nothing wrong with dreaming big! Never tell yourself you can't. Take it one day at a time and you'll rock this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately you can't do it all. I once heard a great quote that went something like "Make a list of the top three things you are best at, or love doing the most. The one that is most profitable should be your job, and the other two should be your hobby." I think the point of it stands, although maybe not the mechanics. In any case, you have your whole life to study what you want - but only your college years to earn the knowledge for a career. So I suggest dabble in a little of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick out goals for the moment. 'Right now it's the most important for me to move in this direction...' Look forward enough to make sure you're going in the right direction, but pay attention to where you are right now so you can enjoy it and you don't start becoming something you don't want to be. Sometimes life is pretty guess and check. You're smart, you'll be able to manage things just fine. As things go, God may present you with more clear ideas for direction, but ultimately, it's up to you.

    ReplyDelete