29 March 2011

Online Shopping

So, I've become a fan of online shopping since I've moved to Rexburg and there aren't that many places to shop. I mean there's a few places, just not the places that I want (Target, Old Navy, etc). I really don't end up buying much (I'm broke!) but I love just looking at clothes online. I have a MAJOR pet peeve with reviews on items. Yes they can be helpful, but most of the time it's just people complaining. A lot of times it's over something stupid. For example, this lady on Old Navy (she triggered this rant) admitted that she was very short and so the medium of a certain shirt covered half her butt. Hello, did you just hear yourself? That is not something against Old Navy, especially because they provide more detailed fit information than a lot of places (they give an exact measurement of how long shirts are and where it normally should hit, and sometimes tell if it runs large or small). Not to mention, that it's not Old Navy's fault if you get the wrong size. I saw tons of complaints on there about "It's too big, this shirt sucks!" Then return it and get a different size! Seriously! The lady that triggered this rant also said "I wish they at least offered petite sizes". So on Old Navy's website, when you put your mouse to click on "Women" the drop down menu has two options: Petite (5'4'' and under) and Tall (5'10'' and up). To get the middle sizes you just click on "Women". You seriously can't miss the drop down menu on the website. Anyway, I wish that when people posted reviews such as these, they would realize what they're saying, and only criticize it if there is actually something wrong with the product (bad quality or something) or observations "Hey, I ordered my normal size from here and it's too big so you might want to order a size down" or "The fabric's thin, make sure to expect to wear a shirt underneath". Those things are not things wrong with a product and therefore people shouldn't throw tantrums over them. If I were to order the wrong size, I'd return it. Old Navy didn't MAKE me buy that size, I did. It's no one's fault, it's just a mistake.

Yeesh! Glad I got that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment