16 February 2011

Awkward Pauses...

I'm not sure that him and I have a lot in common. Yes, please don't complain at me for constantly complaining on here. He doesn't read this and I need some sort of sounding board. He really is a nice guy, but lately I've been noticing that our conversations have been filled with silence because neither one of us have anything to say to the other. I try to tell him about things I read or saw that I thought was interesting and try to have an intellectual conversation, but he finds that boring. He tells me about funny or cute pictures he saw on the internet, and that's okay for awhile. Then he starts asking me about every detail of the rest of my day...I'm starting to think him and I either don't have a lot in common or that I'm trying to find excuses. Nothing feels wrong exactly, but most of the time it doesn't feel right either...

2 comments:

  1. that reminds me of song lyrics... "cause it's never bad enough to just leave or give up, but it's never good enough to feel right" (taking back sunday).

    i dated a guy like that once, really nice, good to me and for me, but we lacked something. give it some time, but really, if it's not right, it's not right. and if it is right, you'll know. (helpful eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely helpful, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete