05 February 2011

The Grass is Greener?

Ok, so when someone has been confiding in you about very personal family issues that are very upsetting to watch, and have been going on for basically 12 years, the best thing to say is not "I wish I had your problems, they're not nearly as bad as mine". Ok...so is that supposed to make me feel better? Mission not accomplished. I know everyone has their problems, but by saying that, it's like he was telling me that I don't have anything to be upset over. It really doesn't matter that my family has been violently tearing itself apart for the past 12 years and things happen to be flaring up more than usual right now. Of course, why would something like that upset me?

1 comment:

  1. people are stupid sometimes, or insensitive. there's always going to be someone with a worse problem. doesn't make your life any easier by them telling you that. sorry things are hard in the family department (and that people suck).

    ReplyDelete