20 February 2011

That's all there is; there isn't anymore.

I finally did it. I didn't think I would have the courage, but I broke up with a wonderful guy who didn't really have any flaws. He didn't do anything wrong. I didn't do anything wrong. We simply don't have enough in common to make this work. Or, we don't have enough in common to make me want to make it work. Did that make sense? Anyway, I am about 99% sure that I'm completely okay with this, but yet I have a headache, am wide awake, and really hungry. Hmm, well I hope that I keep being okay, because I can't think of a logical reason as to why I wouldn't be okay. Honestly, it looks dramatic on facebook, but it was no big deal.

3 comments:

  1. Even breakups where you know it's right and even mutual can still suck for a little bit. But those are the best kind of break ups (not the heart smashed on the floor with a hammer kind). And you have a far liklier chance to stay friends, which I tended to do. Some people make better friends than boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This relationship of yours reminded me of me and eric. a lot. you put into words exactly how I felt during the time we dated (which was only about a month.) There really was nothing "wrong" with him, in fact he was kind and generous. I just didn't feel anything for him. I thought it was unfair to let the relationship continue if I felt that way. So I had to end it. I knew it was right, but it always hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did care about him, but not in a way that a girlfriend should, but more of a friend way. I had struggled with realizing this because I didn't want to hurt him. I was his first girlfriend, so I felt a lot of pressure from that. Then I listened to this talk by John Bytheway to young single adults on marriage, and he talked about breaking up, and the choice usually isn't hurting someone and not hurting someone. It's hurting someone less or more. That helped me. I'm a lot better now, and I've realized that I really don't need a boyfriend! I'm not the type who is always on the hunt for a boyfriend. When I find the right guy to call my boyfriend from now on, it's gotta be pretty amazing between us.

    ReplyDelete