25 March 2011

Excitement!

So I recently became re-excited for next semester! I think a huge part of it is that my biostatistics class, no matter how that turns out, will finally be over! I'm hoping that I don't have to retake it. So far, I'm almost half way through the study guide for the final, and I'm understanding everything (and noticing mistakes that online course development made, because I understand the concepts now!) If I get 100% on all parts of my biostatistics final, my grade will go from a 76% to an 82%. Dramatic improvement if you ask me. I'm hoping that if I do understand everything, that the questions won't be stupid, because if they are, then my teacher won't care and won't do anything about it and all my hard work will be down the toilet (hey sounds like this class through the whole semester, it IS a pattern).

Wow, that was a long tangent; back to the main point. I'm more excited for my classes this upcoming semester too! Neurobiology= hello, this is what my major is all about!!! I'm so excited, and I've already had the teacher before, Bro. Eckersell, and he's way awesome!! General Microbiology= excited for a new learning experience. So, we've talked about microorganisms and other things that you can't readily see in my other classes, and it's so hard to understand because I can't look at it. I do well with anatomy because I happen to have owned the study guide for almost 20 years now ;). This coming semester, I will be able to look at bacteria and protozoans and all that other stuff that seemed so abstract and I couldn't understand!!! I'm way excited!!! General Chemistry=not looking TOO bad. I looked over the course description, and it looks like I'm set until midterm, because I recognize all those concepts from my 1 semester of chemistry in high school. I'm not generally a chemistry person, it's the whole "I can't see how atoms interact with one another" thing. College Algebra=not bad at all. I took pre-calculus in high school. And so you ask "But pre-calculus covers college algebra, why ever would you take college algebra?" Because that's the only way they'll let me take my 3 chemistry classes and therefore I can graduate. They didn't want my pre-calculus even though it was a college level class, I didn't pay for the credit. I'm not that miffed about it, it shouldn't be too bad. New Testament= religion class. Duh. Easy. New Testament also happens to be the only year of seminary I attended so I have more background with that one than with the other religion classes I've taken.

So I've got rockin classes, that although will require much studying and focus on my part, are going to be awesome. Then I've got three awesome friends that I'm living with next semester. Finally, the end to random roommates, please tell me why I didn't think of this sooner??? Although in some cases random roommates have turned out to be good friends (love ya Alex[andria]) and in others things weren't disastrous, I'd much rather room with people that care about me (friends anyone?) that I already get along with, and it's already there. Not that things are going to be perfect, they NEVER are, but it'll be easier and better for sure.

Also, warmer weather. Things are always much better when the weather is warmer. I get so sleepy and sometimes cranky when it's overcast or raining or extremely windy. I love the sun. End of story.

So, I've got to get back to relearning my biostatistics class before my final...and get off here before I start another rant about that class...

3 comments:

  1. :D Love you too deary.
    Agreed though. Next semester is going to be fantastic. :) Plus... you'll be in my ward and I'll get to see you more often! rather than once a semester. It's kinda exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited just to have SOMETHING TO DO!!! Argh!! But it will be great to have the whole St. Peters troupe in one apartment! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, so true!! Sorry we didn't really hang out this semester, I'm terrible at setting things up!

    Rachel, I'm glad to officially live there instead of unofficially and eventually having to go "home" at 11:30 every night!

    ReplyDelete