01 March 2011

It's always people!

People fascinate and frustrate me so much! So I realized that everything that I'm interested in (Literature, health related topics, psychology, sociology, etc) all goes back to people. I'm fascinated by humans. I always want to know more! Which is why I get frustrated with people because I will never be able to fully understand people! I've been thinking about my family tonight and I have a few things to say. One, I love my parents so much. They get on my nerves whenever I am home for too long, but it still doesn't change the fact that I love them. I figure they still love me and believe in me after all the grief that I've caused them (I've thought about it, and having only one kid can be scary, because if one's messed up for life, then there's no one else) and they're still here supporting me, loving me, and caring about me. I am 99% sure that was a fragment. Anyway, I've also come to realize I can sort out who I can consider family by figuring out who really cares about me. I've had some family members act like they care about me and I think I believed them simply because I wanted to. I've realized that they don't care and some of them in fact hate me. I have that type of personality where a lot of people hate me or at least get frustrated easily with me. I think the ones that make me the most mad are the ones that have told me they cared when really they are apathetic. They really only care about themselves. Or those that feel obligated to stay in contact with you, but really don't want to or don't care. I guess what really gets me is that I care a lot about them, even though they really don't care about me. I am genuinely interested in the lives of people in my family, but some of them don't care about me, or at least don't show it. I've always wondered if it's because I'm adopted. I don't think it is, but I used to think so. I can kind of tell that I'm a little different from the rest of my family. I wonder if they notice it too.

So do I stop caring about those that don't care about me? I don't think I can. You only have one family. Why do so many people take families for granted? Be thankful for your families even if there are rough times. There will always be rough times. I'm going to say it again: you only get one family! Don't hesitate to let those that you love know that you love them. Life's short, who knows what will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment